Chronic Ear Infection Treatment
When ear infections fail to respond to antibiotics, Temple's otolaryngologists offer an array of surgical treatment options.
The first step is to diagnose the root cause of the infection. Temple's diagnostic methods include:
- In-office microscopic examinations of the ear
- Thorough audiometric work-ups
- CT scans of the temporal bone
- Hearing tests
- Middle ear function tests
Temple's head and neck surgeons are experienced in a variety of surgical treatment options, including:
- Placing tubes in the ear to improve drainage in the middle ear
- Surgery of the mastoid bone should it become infected
- Complete surgical reconstruction of the middle ear
To schedule an appointment with a Temple Otolaryngologist/Head & Neck Surgeon, click here or call 1-800-TEMPLE-MED (1-800-836-7536).